We heart our volunteers! At the Washington Ferret Rescue & Shelter, we are all volunteers. We're busy with jobs, school, families and friends, and lots of other things. We come in all shapes, sizes, ages and social-demographic backgrounds. But one thing we have in common is that we care about ferrets and want to give the kids coming into the shelter a chance to be happy. None of us get paid, but we believe that volunteering is a really great way to make life a little better and more meaningful. So we make time, because it's important all around.
If this sounds good, we would love to hear from you! There are so many ways
you can contribute. We can discuss what seems to fit, and get you
trained to take care of the ferrets in the shelter.
Our shelter, like so many non-profit organizations, could not survive without volunteers. Here are some of the ways you can make a difference (and maybe save a ferret's life!):
- Trim nails, clean ears, bathe ferrets
- Scoop out and clean boxes
- Wash dishes or do some laundry
- Fill water bottles
- Change bedding (or make or donate new bedding)
- Scrub down cages
- Make or donate toys
- Help with shelter outreach and education
- Contribute to shelter publications, like a newsletter
- Suggest or contribute new items for our website
- Take pictures of the ferrets to post on Petfinder
- Take pictures for marketing and educational materials, and shelter outreach
- Help us educate and advertise by handing out business cards or brochures, and letting people know about our shelter
- Transport ferrets (to a vet, to a new home or foster caregiver, etc.)
- Help organize or participate in public events like our annual holiday party
- Adopt another ferret!
- Apply to be a foster home!
Two up-front requirements: Because we are partnered with a nearby veterinary clinic, volunteers must be 16 years or older. Second, you'll need to fill out our volunteer application
Drop by the shelter at 12514 128th Lane NE in Kirkland
during our public hours every Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. And don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com
or call us at (206) 442-2025
if you have any more questions about volunteering. If you have other ideas for volunteering, we'd be happy to talk with you!